Real Milk Paint Company Soapstone Sealer and Wood Wax forms a protective and direct food contact safe finish. It can be used on cutting boards and wooden utensils, on wood or soapstone countertops, and on any honed natural stone or concrete surface. It provides a low-luster finish and, unlike mineral oil, does not require continuous reapplication.
Soapstone Sealer and Wood Wax also acts as a rust inhibitor for metal surfaces, such as your hand tools or on large surfaces such as your table saw table. You can also use it to restore a metal surface that has begun to rust.
If you are thinking of applying Soapstone and Wood Wax over a surface previously finished with mineral oil, you must completely remove the mineral oil before application.
4 oz. covers 50 square feet
8 oz covers 100 square feet
Directions for Use:
- Using a soft cloth, rub Soapstone and Wood Wax in a circular motion over the surface. Reapply wax to your cloth as needed.
- Let the wax soak into the surface for a minimum of 15 minutes, but no longer than 30 minutes.
- Using a lint-free cloth (such as an old tee shirt) wipe all the excess wax from the surface. It is important not to leave a thick wax layer. You may need to apply pressure to remove the excess wax, but this is important.
- Leave the wax overnight. If the surface looks uneven, apply another coat using the process outlined in steps 1–4.
- Ideally let Soapstone Sealer and Wood Wax cure for 5-7 days before use. At the minimum, make sure there is no standing water on the surface. The wax will fully cure in 10-15 days and you can resume normal use of your surface.
NOTE: During the curing process, try to keep implements, such as appliances, cutting boards, dishes, etc. from standing on the surface. This product cures through an air exchange process, so air flow to all surfaces is important for the first 15 days.
- Once fully cured (10-15 days) you can keep surfaces clean with a mild soap, such as dish soap. Avoid using harsh cleaners or those containing acids, such as vinegar.
- Areas of hard use will wear over time and will need reapplication using steps 1-3. On less used areas one application will usually last for many years.
16 oz containers of the Real Milk Paint Company Soapstone Sealer and Wood Wax may ordered for $32.99 each. 16 oz will cover 200 square feet. Call or email to order, allow 5 business days for product arrival at our store.